The WC Grant Application
We need women leaders.
Established in 2020, The Women’s Collective (The WC) is a 501c3 that invests in community programs and events that inspire and elevate woman leaders, prepare women for leadership roles, aid women in achieving leadership positions, and provide training and educational opportunities that foster empowered leaders.
We invite proposals from organizations whose programs align with our mission in accordance with this giving program process. The WC views our grant recipients as partners in meeting the important mission of providing women a seat at the leadership table.
In 2023, grant awards will average $5,000 each.
- Demonstrate significant impact in women leadership development – this could be via benefitting many women or benefiting a small group of women in large ways.
- Track and document the successful placement of women in leadership roles.
- Offer a program that is relevant, exciting, unique and/or creative – a program that tells a compelling story.
- Be a recognized, reputable organization that brings credibility and positive focus to The Women’s Collective.
- Have ability and connections to bring positive publicity to the program and The WC.
- Ideally have a strong Scottsdale connection; alternatively, serve women in the valley at large.
To apply for a grant, here are the steps:
- Read through the materials to ensure your eligibility. If qualified, fill out and submit the application form, providing information about how your organization and/or your program will support women to become difference makers.
- The WC will review your application. You may be asked for additional information and/or receive follow up questions. We may ask you to meet with our Philanthropy & Giving Committee to talk about your program.
- Grants are due July 6, 2023. All applicants will be notified of their grant status by September 5, 2023
- Finalists will be invited to make a short virtual presentation to The WC on August 28, 2023.
- Upon conclusion of the funded program or initiative, grant recipients must submit a final report to The WC. This can be a short slide show, video testimony from participant, statistical fact sheet of program results (anything easy to share with WC members, our sponsors and/or post on the WC website).
Do you qualify?
The WC grant recipients:
- Provide programs or events that support The WC’s mission and serve females ages 18+.
- Are preferably (but not required to be) tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations approved by the IRS.
- Serve Scottsdale and the valley.
- Have been in operation for at least two years.
- Embrace diversity and sustainability.
- Will spend grant funds for activities occurring between October 2023 – December 2024.
- Acknowledge financial support from The Women’s Collective in programs, press releases, and advertisements with use of The WC logo or if more appropriate by use of the following language: “The program is made possible in part by a grant from (or partnership with) The Women’s Collective.”
The WC will not support:
- Grants to individuals; however, an individual may benefit from the program The WC supports
- Multi-year commitments
- Building projects or construction
- Tickets, tables or advertising for fundraising events
- School tuition, unless directly related to a leadership curriculum
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, marital status, age, disability or veteran status
The WC reserves the right to accept or reject any application and to approve or disapprove any proposal for funding. We also reserve the right to change the application criteria at any time.
How will the applications be scored?
IMPACT – of the project on women’s leadership development
- Project fulfills a particular need in women’s leadership development
- Proposal demonstrates well thought out impacts to the organization and/or the clients it serves
- Project includes some unique elements that are not readily available and/or easily achievable
QUALITY – of the overall request
- Qualifications, background, experience of the individuals/organization seeking funds
- How well the project supports the mission of the applicant organization and the mission of the Women’s Collective (inspire/activate female leaders)
- Strength of the use of funds related to the women’s leadership component in the request
- Project will provide some longer-term impact (three years or more)
CAPABILITY – of applicant’s ability to complete the project
- Applicant possesses the resources and expertise to administer the proposed project
- Applicant demonstrates success in managing previous project/programs of similar magnitudes
- Proposal provides evidence of effective planning and sound evaluation methods
BUDGET – appropriateness of the request’s budget
- Cost for specific request is appropriate to the organization’s services provided
- Budget is realistic for proposed request
- Budget is balanced and accurate and inclusive of all projected expenses
- Plan provided for follow up on use/success/outcome of funds given